Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ALERT: Hijacking Attempt

Yesterday someone tried unsuccessfully to hijack my email account. This morning when I signed in someone emailed to say 'What happened to your blog?'

I went to my private home page and found posts from the blog my-albion.blogspot.com intermingled with my own posts and this blog was listed as my blog under the heading on the left that lists the blogs one manages. But when I go to 'posts' to try to delete these errant posts, they don't show up. Furthermore, when I go into the blog as anyone would do from the outside, the errant posts don't show up—at least not to me.

IF ANYONE SEES ANYTHING AMISS WITH MY BLOG, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AT ONCE. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I'd be grateful to hear. My-albion is a good blog which I enjoy reading sometimes; I would be very surprised if that author were behind this invasion.

Many thanks. I will try to post more later.

6 Comments:

Blogger changeinthewind said...

Happy you are back! I was rather concerned yesterday to find no your blog removed.

Your voice, weighing in on these matters is important, certainly to me anyway.

2:55 pm, July 30, 2013  
Blogger Maggie Ross said...

Thanks!

3:00 pm, July 30, 2013  
Anonymous Joel said...

Whew! I had just started to freak out!!! Glad, thrilled you are back!

8:01 pm, July 30, 2013  
Blogger Maggie Ross said...

Thanks so much, Joel. I'm just glad that Google spotted the attempt and pulled all my stuff so it couldn't be corrupted. I've now changed all my passwords (!)

8:04 pm, July 30, 2013  
Blogger Steffen said...

Dear Maggie

I'm so sorry to hear about this, and I profess my innocence in the matter. I'm quite at a loss to explain how this came about, though I suspect my blog has been used as some sort of host. I see things are back on track now, but should this happen again please let me know.

Best regards

Steffen

5:57 pm, July 31, 2013  
Blogger Maggie Ross said...

No apologies necessary, Steffen; I was sure you had nothing to do with it!

6:15 pm, July 31, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home